Guide to Kid-Friendly Activities at Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls Activities for the Whole Family
Are you looking for kid-friendly activities for your family vacation at Victoria Falls? While caution is needed when visiting the actual breathtaking Victoria Falls, there are several other activities that you and your younger kids may enjoy. There are even many activities with discounted rates for kids. So if you’re planning a family trip to Victoria Falls, you may want to consider these safe and fun-filled activities and adventures.
Scenic and Adventure Kid Activities in Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls is home to many magnificent and stunning sights, from the world-renowned falls to exotic safaris and rivers. For families with younger kids, a trip to these places can be some of the most memorable experiences. Some of the scenic family activities in Victoria Falls you can choose from include:
- Zambezi Explorer Cruise (All Ages) – Enjoy a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River, a beautiful river connected to Victoria Falls and one of the longest rivers in Africa. Awe in the beautiful sunset and enjoy dinner and drinks on board. Your kids can also spot wild game and birds along the river cruise.
- Victoria Falls Steam Train Dinner (All Ages) – Board into a luxurious and fully air-conditioned steam train towards Victoria Falls while enjoying the scenic sights. Stop by at the famous Victoria Falls Bridge as you feel the spray of water from the nearby falls. You’ll also have a clear view of the Jafuta Siding, setting sights on the local wildlife and landscape. Your kids will surely enjoy the beautiful attractions and sights.
- The Flight of the Angels (All Ages) – Soar into the sky riding a helicopter as you hover over the magnificent and astounding Victoria Falls. Flying over the falls offer a unique and memorable way to set sight to the beautiful sceneries. Hear the thunderous sound of water from the falls from up above. Take your kids on this unforgettable experience! If you have kids under the age of three, you don’t have to pay for them.
- Canopy Tour (All Ages) – Take your family on a thrilling adventure with the Canopy Tour. Enjoy nine different slides, jumping from treetops and get a scenic view of the surrounding landscape, including the rapids and the Victoria Falls bridge. Get a chance to spot forest birdlife, from Spot peregrine falcons, Knysnas to purple-crested Turaco.
- Bridge Slide Adventure (6+ yrs old) – Enjoy a spectacular view of the rapids and the Batoka Gorge as you glide 300m from Zambia to Zimbabwe. An adult must accompany kids under the age of 13, and some restrictions exist.
Safari and Nature Family Activities in Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls and its surrounding areas are full of exotic wildlife and stunning landscapes. From getting close and personal to different animals to enjoying the scenery, your kids will surely enjoy every second of your Victoria Falls family vacation. Here are a few options you can go for if you’re looking for Safari and Nature kid activities in Victoria Falls.
- Crocodile Farm Tour (All Ages) – Kids love seeing animals, and what’s more adventurous than some of the largest crocodiles in Africa? When visiting the Spencers Creek Crocodile Farm, you and your kids can get a closer look at these amazing creatures and learn everything about them. You can also schedule visits during feeding time to see them lunge out of the waters!
- Hwange National Park (All Ages) – Do your kids enjoy safari adventures? Check out the Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe’s largest wildlife park. Eat, swim, and get a chance to observe Zimbabwe’s natural wildlife, from lions, leopards, buffaloes, and more. You and your kids can also interact with Painted Dogs, Africa’s native wild dog breeds.
- Elephant Back Safari (4+ yrs old) – Want to ride a majestic elephant? Learn everything about these magnificent animals. At Elephant Back Safari, your older kids can meet, interact, and ride elephants for 45 minutes. An adult must accompany kids riding on the elephants.
- Chobe Day Trip (4+ yrs old) – From big cats, herds of elephants, buffaloes to giraffes, you and your kids can see these and a wide variety of other animals up close at Chobe National Park, Botswana. Cruise through the Chobe River and ride an open safari vehicle across the park for big game sightings.
- Crocodile Cage Diving (6+ yrs old) – For your more daring kids, you can dive to meet live crocodiles face-to-face. You don’t need to be an expert diver, as the water is not too deep. Enjoy 30 minutes of close interaction with these 3-4 metre crocodiles.
- Victoria Falls Scenic Safari and Cruise (3+ yrs old) –Join one of our knowledgeable and friendly guides for a scenic Victoria Falls Scenic Safari and Cruise. Gaze into the mighty history with your experienced guide as they tell you about the geology, wildlife, and interesting facts about this jaw-dropping natural wonder.
Things to Do in Victoria Falls for Older Kids
Safari adventures and scenic tours are excellent choices for kids below ten years old. But if you have older kids and teens, they may enjoy more adventurous activities in Victoria Falls. Some of these activities may have higher age restrictions and often require good physical health. If you and your kids are up to the challenge, here are the best choices.
- Victoria Falls Segway PT Tour (12+ yrs old) – Step on board a Segway Personal Transporter for an exhilarating tour of Victoria Falls landmarks. These exciting guided tours take you on a tour around the beautiful town and other famed attractions with Victoria Falls.
- Traditional Dhow River Cruise (12+ yrs old) – A more relaxing and calming cruise on the Zambezi River is available for families with older kids. Set sail using a dhow, a traditional sailing boat without the sound of loud motors, drifting ever gently along with the river flow. Make it memorable by taking hundreds of pictures and videos as you and your kids enjoy the beauty of the river.
- Victoria Falls Tour With Abseiling (12+ yrs old) – After a guided tour of the world-famous Victoria Falls, you and your kids go abseiling at a nearby launch site. After a safety briefing, kids above 12 years old can rappel 100m with full safety gear for a beautiful view of the surroundings.
- Devils Pool and Livingstone Island Tour (12+ yrs old) – One of the best attractions in the Zambian side of the Victory Falls is the Devils Pool, a rock pool that lies at the edges of Victoria Falls. While its name sounds terrifying, it’s safe as long as you follow the safety rules. It’s also a seasonal activity, only offered when water levels are low and current is slow.
- Victoria Falls Bungee Jump (14+ yrs old) – Victoria Falls is one of the best bungee spots in the world. Take the plunge and feel the adrenaline rush as you drop down as fast as 120km per hour. It’s one of the most memorable activities in Victoria Falls, especially for those who are not faint-hearted.
- Lion and Game Walk (14+ yrs old) – Get up close and personal with lions or game in their natural habitat. Learn about their habitat, conservation, and behaviour. Take pictures and videos as you get to observe these animals up-close.
- White-Water Rafting (15+ yrs old) – If you’re looking for thrills, you will want to try rafting on the rushing water on Victoria Falls gorges. Feel the adrenaline as you navigate through rapids. There are also calm spots where you can enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Kid Activities Victoria Falls – Important Considerations
There are many thrilling and riskier activities in Victoria Falls if you and your family want a more exciting experience. However, there are a few things you may need to consider. Many activities allow children, but only when accompanied by a parent or guardian. These activities also often require some degree of fitness and weight. For the safety of the participants, guides have the right to refuse unsuitable/at-risk individuals.
To get the most out of your vacation time, you’ll also want to plan your activities and check the ideal time to visit. Many of the best things to do in Victoria Falls are seasonal and are only available during peak season.
Still not sure what Victoria Falls activities to take for your family vacation? We can assist with your planning and activities to help you choose a suitable Victoria Falls Family Package. Skip the hassle and call us on +263 832841348 for assistance or contact us here.