Be a little different and go on a safari at night by spotlight through a private game reserve near the Victoria Falls National Park in Zimbabwe.
Walk with Lions
Taking small groups of no more than 20 people, you get to experience lions in their natural habitat while walking alongside them.
- The first genuine program to ethically re-introduce offspring back into the wild
- Walk side by side with Africa’s most magnificent species
- Help save the African lion which has seen an 80- 90% decline
- Welcome refreshments and snacks ready for you on arrival
You also get to meet people from Lion Encounter who are passionate about lions and their future. By joining these lion walks you are helping with the pre-release training of the cubs, but also providing necessary funds to help save Africa’s most recognised species. Have a magical experience in Victoria Falls on this Walk with Lions tour!
- Please wear long trousers (shorts are fine, too) and comfortable closed-toed shoes.
- Skirts or dresses are not acceptable.
- You must be in neutral bush colours; bright clothes are not accepted.
- Dangly items such as scarves, belts, or jewellery should be avoided.
- Wear a hat
- Binoculars if you have them
- Bring your booking voucher
- Money for videos and release program merchandise if you wish to purchase
- Personal items can be safely put away for the duration of your walk
- Participants must be 1.5 metres or taller
You’re collected from your lodge and taken to Lion Encounter, adjacent the Zambezi National Park. Lion Encounter is partnered with ALERT, the African Lion and Environmental Research Trust, a conservation and community NGO that is devoted to the future of Africa’s wildlife and people. Upon arrival, you watch a seven-minute video of Lion Encounter’s release program, community, and conservation projects. This is followed by a thorough a safety briefing before meeting the lion cubs and going on your bush walk.
On your Walk with Lions in Victoria Falls, you’re accompanied by Lion Encounter’s safety guides who have a great deal of experience when it comes to handling these majestic creatures. Please take the opportunity to ask your guide questions, you’ll be amazed at how much there is to learn on the African lion in terms of conservation, habitat, and behaviour. You get the opportunity for a photo and the possibility to observe these creatures up-close and personal.
Film footage and merchandise supporting the release program are available for purchase after your lion walk.
- Transport to and from your hotel within Victoria Falls town
- Experienced, knowledgeable, and qualified guides
- A breakfast served in the morning. Snacks and drinks are served on later trips
- Walking side by side with lions
- Allow up to 2 hours for this African safari and walk with lion cubs
- Your specified pick-up time will be confirmed on your voucher
- The price quoted is for one person
- Full price is charged for 14 year olds and over
- The minimum age to participate is 14 years, and need to be accompanied by an adult
- All 18 year olds and below require a legal guardian to sign an indemnity form