Be a little different and go on a safari at night by spotlight through a private game reserve near the Victoria Falls National Park in Zimbabwe.
Take your visit up a notch with a detour to the massive Hwange National Park.
- Explore Zimbabwe’s largest wildlife park, Hwange
- Interact with Painted Dogs and learn about their conservation
- Enjoy lunch at the Hwange Safari Lodge
- Chance to spot elephants, lions, leopards, buffaloes, and more
Enjoy a fun interaction with painted dogs. Go on a thrilling game drive and spot an astonishing array of African wildlife. Savor a wonderful lunch, swim, and then go on an exciting walking safari on this Hwange National Park day trip from Victoria Falls.
- Inform your provider of any special dietary requirements.
- To confirm departure, a minimum of 4 guests needs to be booked. If you are a solo traveler, please contact our reservations staff and they will inform you when there is a confirmed departure available that you can join.
- The tour operates with a maximum of 20 guests per trip. Upon request, bigger groups can be accommodated.
- Be sure to book ahead for this Hwange safari tour so that your booking runs smoothly.
- Why You'll Love This
Going on a day trip to the Hwange National Park gives you the opportunity to visit one of the most diverse wildlife parks in the world and enjoy an unforgettable African safari experience from Victoria Falls.
Your journey begins at your hotel in Victoria Falls town from where you’re picked up for a sunrise departure. Your minibus makes its way to the Hwange National Park which is located approximately a two-hour drive away. Upon arrival at the Painted Dog Center, you’re welcomed by a guide who takes you through a one-hour interaction with the Painted Dogs.
Your knowledgeable and experienced guide then takes you on a two and a half-hour game drive within the Hwange National Park in open back vehicles. You’re treated to a wonderful lunch at the Hwange Safari Lodge, where you can enjoy a taste of traditional Zimbabwean cuisine. After lunch, you may relax at the swimming pool.
You thereafter go on a walking safari for two hours in the Hwange National Park with an armed warden. At the end of this memorable tour, your driver transports you back to your hotel in Victoria Falls town.
- What's Included?
- Transport to and from your hotel within Victoria Falls town
- Experienced and qualified guide
- Bacon & egg roll
- Fruit juice
- Bottle of water
- Painted Dog encounter
- Hwange National Park game drive
- Guided walking safari in Hwange National Park
- Lunch at Hwange Safari Lodge (excludes drinks)
- Session Length
- This tour departs at 6 am and returns at 7 pm
- During the winter months, the Park gets extremely cold and extremely hot during summer, so please dress appropriately. Clients can only wear neutral colors. Bring comfortable walking shoes. Even in winter you may need hats and sunscreen.
- What to Bring
- Money for donations to the Painted Dog if you choose
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Warm jacket
- Neutral color clothes
- Swimming costume
- Your booking voucher
- Age Requirements
- The day trip is suitable for all ages, including families and groups.
- The price quoted is for one person based on a group of 4 or more.
- Children aged 3 – 11 will pay half price. Children under 3 years go free of charge.
- Prices may be subject to change, please check with your tour provider.
- Package Excludes
- National Park fees to be paid at check-in
- Donations to Painted Dog