Your senses are alert and focused on everything around you as you slowly canter through the rugged woodlands, Kalahari sand teak forest, and alongside the rushing Zambezi River.
Be a little different and go on a safari at night by spotlight through a private game reserve near the Victoria Falls National Park in Zimbabwe.
- See nocturnal African animals at a private game reserve near Victoria Falls
- Watch the bush come to life at night with abundant animals
- Chance to spot large predators including lions, leopards, and hyena on the hunt
- Enjoy a bush dinner around a campfire with wine, cold beer, and light refreshments
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 3-11)
Encounter abundant nocturnal wildlife in a very different world. Relax around an open campfire enjoying a lovely bush dinner, as you listen to the nocturnal sounds of the bush.
- Inform your provider of any special dietary requirements.
- Be sure to book ahead for this Victoria Falls safari tour.
Game viewing at night by spotlight offers a whole new experience in Victoria Falls that most tourists don’t get to see. Your journey begins with an afternoon departure pickup from Victoria Falls town. You’re taken to a private reserve, 12 kilometers from the town centre, where you enjoy an afternoon game drive until sunset.
Meander in an open, well-kitted 4×4 through a changing landscape of scenic lakeshores and basalt plains, to the Kalahari sands and teak forests of the Nakavango Private Game Reserve. Your experienced and knowledgeable guide shares fascinating facts about the African bush, along with their experiences of living here.
At sunset, you stopover at a splendid vantage point to enjoy some drinks and snacks, stretch your legs and chat about the afternoon’s adventures with fellow travelers. At dusk, the spotlight comes out to give you the opportunity of seeing what happens at night in the African bush. Guides are trained to use the spotlight in a responsible manner, with the goal of minimizing disturbance to game during the safari.
Enjoy a night game drive in the pristine wilderness that gives you a chance to see nocturnal animals. The guided safari takes you through the natural African bush where you are likely to spot species such as lions, rhinos, elephants, buffalos, leopards, jackals, hyenas, civets, servals, genets, night apes, honey badgers, and plains game among others.
Observe active predators and their constantly alert prey. Spot a lion on the prowl under the cover of darkness. This adventure heightens your senses, and has your pulse racing. Feel as if you have truly left the familiar behind.
After approximately an hour and a half, depending on the time of year, your guide brings you back to a traditional open-air enclosure for a lovely dinner under the stars. The three-course BBQ meal is complemented by wine, cold beer, and light refreshments. Savor the atmosphere as you listen to wildlife calls and see the animals come to drink at the waterhole nearby.
It’s one of the finest experiences, sitting outside under the star-studded African night sky, relaxing around an open fire, savoring a delicious meal, a couple of drinks, and good company. Stay as long as you like enjoying the campfire, drinks, and conversation. Your driver drops you back to your hotel once you’re ready to complete your Victoria Falls safari experience.
- Transport to and from your hotel within Victoria Falls town
- Experienced and qualified guide
- A three-course meal is served in the evening, with wine, cold beer, and light refreshments.
- Victoria Falls Night Game Drive
- There is an afternoon tour available.
- The tour lasts a maximum of 6 hours.
- The tour is timed with the sunset.
- Your specified pick-up time will be confirmed on your voucher.
- Nights can get really cold during the winter months of June and July.
- Be aware that during the months from December through to March there can be excessive rainfall.
- Your booking voucher
- Warm and wet weather clothing if the season requires
- The minimum age to go on the game drive is 4 years, and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The price quoted is for one person.
- Children aged 4 – 11 will pay half price.
- Prices may be subject to change, please check with your tour provider.