Go sailing on the mighty Zambezi at sunset. Take part in this ritual with the animals that arrive for their last drink of the day.
Victoria Falls Segway PT Tour
Discover the landmarks of Victoria Falls on a Segway® Personal Transporter (PT) with an experienced guide.
- 3-hour Victoria Falls Segway tour with an expert local guide
- See the sights of the town, like the Bridge, Big Tree, Victoria Falls Hotel, and more! Stop for photos in front of the Big Tree and Batoka Gorge with Mosi-oa-Tunya, while learning about the local legends and myths
- Refreshment drink while seated 120 meters above at The Lookout Café
- Small group tour of six people ensures personalized attention from your guide
On your own electric Ninebot Segway® PT, you journey by major Victoria Falls attractions, like the Bridge which overlooks the gorge, the “Big Tree” with a girth of 22m, and stopping for refreshments perched 120m above Batoka Gorge, where you visit Zimbabwe’s grandest and oldest luxury hotel. Discover the towns local culture and hidden gems while you zoom along the streets, and learn about Mosi-oa-Tunya, which means “the smoke that thunders”. Limited to just six people, this Segway® Personal Transporter (PT) tour of Victoria Falls provides a small-group experience.
Segway PT Tour in Victoria Falls Details
The only thing better than exploring Victoria Falls is exploring it on a two-wheel personal transporter to view all the amazing attractions this town has to offer.
You’re picked up from your hotel for the Victoria Falls Segway PT Tour which departs early morning or late afternoon after a short training session. The early morning and late afternoon tours are a magical time to view Mosi-oa-Tunya as the rays of the sun give the rising spray of the Falls a beautiful pink and gold tint, providing sights that are quite memorable and awe-inspiring. The five-kilometre guided Segway tour takes tourists along paths, roads, and sidewalks to scenic viewpoints.
Glide over to The Victoria Falls Bridge where we unveil its fascinating history. Being built in 1904, it is the second most visited landmark at Victoria Falls. Here, you have photo opportunities and see some of the high-flying activities that happen there. After the bridge, we take a 500m ride to The Lookout Café, which offers some of the best views of Victoria Falls from 120 meters above Batoka Gorge. Select a refreshing beverage from the menu before embarking on the rest of your tour.
Continue along Zambezi Drive for 2km to reach the Big Tree, an enormous ancient Baobab, where David Livingstone carved his name in 1855. To and from the Big Tree your guide tells you about the unique fauna and flora of the region. You may be lucky to spot some wildlife on the way!
Heading back to the town you discover Chinotimba Township, where you can get a sense of local customs and culture. Your guide takes you to the bustling local market where you can experience different fruit and vegetables and see a side of Victoria Falls that is not on most tourist itineraries.
The Segway PT tour concludes as you scoot back towards Victoria Falls Hotel where you learn the history of this resort town from the oldest luxury hotel in Zimbabwe, after which we transfer you back to your hotel.
- Orientation session
- Segway® PT Ninebot Elite electric scooter
- Safety helmet
- Professional Segway tour guide
- 1 x refreshment of choice at The Lookout Café
- Additional food and drinks at Victoria Falls Hotel or Lookout Café
- The Segway PT has a weight carrying restriction of up to 117kg or 260lbs (including the rider and all cargo).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and weigh no less than 45kg or 100lbs.
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers.
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full
- The Victoria Falls Segway PT tour lasts approximately 3 hours. The morning tour departs at 7am in the morning, the afternoon tour departs at 3pm in the afternoon.
- Victoria Falls can get incredibly cold during the winter months and extremely hot during the summer, so please dress appropriately.
- Comfortable, non-slip shoes
- The price quoted is per person.