Go sailing on the mighty Zambezi at sunset. Take part in this ritual with the animals that arrive for their last drink of the day.
Helicopter Flights in Victoria Falls
Hover over the powerful rushing flow of Victoria Falls and gaze in wonder at the world’s largest sheet of falling water.
- See the tremendous power of Victoria Falls from above
- Glide over the Zambezi River
- Learn about how the river has eroded the sandstone over thousands of years
Twice as high and nearly twice the width of Niagara Falls, this spectacular natural attraction flows into a shallow valley surrounded by sandstone hills. The area around these falls is home to a range of African wildlife, including zebras, giraffes, buffaloes, elephants, antelopes, lions, and cheetahs. A thrilling helicopter ride gives you a bird’s-eye view of this region that takes your breath away. Experience the thrills of the falls with a Victoria Falls helicopter tour!
- There is no age restriction, but children need to be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- Children under the age of three can fly for free and sit on their parent’s lap.
- A professional video production of the flight will be available for purchase afterward.
The indigenous Tokaleya people call Victoria Falls “Mosi-oa-Tunya” which means “The Smoke that Thunders.” Hear the thundering roar of this intense torrent of water even from miles away. Flying over Victoria Falls gives you the opportunity to see this natural wonder from a rare perspective and really get a sense of its impressive scale.
There are three different durations available for the flight – 15 minutes, 22 minutes, and 25 minutes. The helicopter flight around Victoria Falls loops around from both directions so whether you are seated on the left or right side you get an excellent view of the falls and a chance to take some once-in-a-lifetime photos.
The longer flight options also takes you gliding over the national park and gives you a chance to spot some of the wildlife that is abundant there. Your eyes will be glued to the large bubble windows of the helicopter as you take in every dazzling detail of the beautiful landscape stretched below you.
- Transport to and from your hotel
- Helicopter ride over Victoria Falls
- Informative commentary provided by the pilot
There are three session lengths available – 15 minutes, 22 minutes, and 30 minutes.
- The 15-minute flight is the most popular option and circles on the left and right side to allow passengers a fantastic view. The helicopter also flies above the mighty gorge before returning.
- On the 22-minute flight, you’re able to see more of the Zambezi River with an exciting swoop of the Batoka Gorge. You also fly up-river near Long Island where you can spot hippos, crocodiles, and elephants if you are lucky. The pilot points out any wildlife visible.
- The 30-minute session includes everything in the 22-minute flight, as well as extra time wildlife viewing over Zambezi National Park. This is a great opportunity to see some of the large species that live there including buffaloes, giraffes, elephants, and kudu.
- The price quoted is for one person.
- Prices may be subject to change, please check with the provider.
- Please bring National Parks fee of US$10 per person which is not included.
- A minimum of two guests is required to confirm a 15-minute flight and a minimum of three guests is required for a 22-25-minute flight.
The helicopter tour company may cancel the flight in bad weather, as this can make flying dangerous.
- Your Voucher
- Motion sickness medicine (if necessary)
- National Park fee ($10 per person)
- Money for video or photograph purchases