Be a little different and go on a safari at night by spotlight through a private game reserve near the Victoria Falls National Park in Zimbabwe.
Elephant Back Safari in Victoria Falls
Be a little different and go safari on the back of an African elephant through the Victoria Falls National Park in Zimbabwe.
- Ride a fully grown majestic African elephant through the Victoria Falls National Park
- Experience a close-up bond with the biggest land animal on earth
- Enjoy a bush breakfast or sundowner snacks
- Learn about conservation challenges in Victoria Falls
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 3-11)
After riding your elephant for 45 minutes, you get the opportunity to participate in a close up-interaction to feed, touch, and bond with the gentle giant. You learn about their natural habitat, individuality, character traits, and life stories while encountering abundant wildlife. This is an incredible opportunity to meet the wildlife in Victoria Falls and have a memorable adventure of an elephant ride during your African safari.
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age. Those under the age of 18 years must have signed authorisation from a parent or guardian.
- A reasonable level of fitness is essential and guides reserve the right to turn back those whose health conditions might cause issues.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations made the day before or on the same day as the trip. Also, there will be no refunds in the circumstance that the trip is cancelled due to weather.
- Client may cancel due to illness, but a 20% cancellation fee will be applicable and a doctor’s letter will be required.
You’re taken to a private game reserve, 20 minutes from the town centre, where you’re welcomed with refreshment and a detailed safety talk.
Your next challenge on your African elephant ride is to mount these enormous creatures, which are taught to walk alongside you, and with the help of a wooden platform that is almost level with the elephant, you climb on top and sit in a custom built saddle. You then meet your “Induna” who is the elephant’s handler and driver. Each Induna has spent years forming a close bond with their elephant, learning their character traits and behaviour patterns. Your Induna also serves as your guide to the African bush.
You get to learn about these amazing creatures through touching, hearing, smelling, and seeing them up-close, which is an indescribable experience. Although an elephant is huge you’ll be surprised to learn that they’re extremely silent allowing you to experience the wildlife in a much more natural way.
Finally, you’re shown a short video of your safari experience which you have the opportunity to purchase afterwards. Then a wonderful cooked bush breakfast or snacks are served, depending on the time of day, after which you’re returned to town.
- Experienced and qualified guide
- A bush breakfast served in the morning. Snacks and drinks are served on the sundowner trip
- African elephant back safari ride
- Transfers not included. Transfers are charged $10 per person return.
- $10 Conservation fee to be paid cash on the day.
- Allow up to 3 hours for this safari
- Your specified pick-up time will be confirmed on your voucher
- Cameras and videos
- Neutral colour clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- Booking voucher
- Money for videos
- The minimum age to ride the elephants is 4 years, and need to be accompanied by an adult
- All 18 year olds and below require a legal guardian to sign an indemnity form
The price quoted is for one person.