Be a little different and go on a safari at night by spotlight through a private game reserve near the Victoria Falls National Park in Zimbabwe.
Follow big cats across the wilderness, edge up to herds of elephants, buffaloes and giraffes, and cruise down the Chobe River for even more wildlife encounters.
- An opportunity to see big game close-up.
- Observe a dazzling variety of other animals.
- Experience the beautiful scenery of Chobe National Park.
- A cruise along the wildlife-rich Chobe River.
This day trip to Chobe from Victoria Falls takes you deep into Botswana’s big game country, a vast and diverse terrain that supports a huge assortment of creatures. Get ready for an adventure that excels in location and excites with its animal experiences on this incredible African safari.
- The minimum age for the Chobe day trip is four years old, and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Our day trips operate from Zimbabwe only.
- All activities are hosted by professional guides who carry first aid kits with them.
- The order of activities during your trip are subject to change.
- Unfortunately, refunds are not available if a cancellation is made on the same day or the day prior to the trip.
Wide open spaces, the call of the wild, and some of the planet’s most fascinating animals make this trip a must for wildlife enthusiasts and those who yearn for an African adventure. Your expert guide takes you to the places where big game and other wildlife sightings are guaranteed. Among the animals that you can see in Chobe National Park are elephants, buffaloes, lions, leopards, sable, and hundreds of bird species.
The drive from Victoria Falls to the park takes approximately one hour, and the Chobe day trip includes pickup and drop off from your hotel. After crossing the border to Botswana, your day-long excursion commences with a morning cruise down the Chobe River. This gives you ample opportunities to enjoy the gorgeous river scenery and extraordinarily close views of lots of animals, including elephants, hippos, crocodiles, and birdlife.
After a delicious lunch, it is time for your three to four-hour afternoon game drive in an open safari vehicle. Relax and keep your eyes wide open for Africa’s famous Big Five animals in one of the continent’s greatest game parks.
- Transport to and from your Victoria Falls accommodation.
- Fees for all activities, including the game drive and river cruise.
- Experienced and qualified safari guides.
- Lunch, drinks, and light snacks during the trip. (Please inform us of any special dietary requirements.)
- Refreshments will be provided throughout the Chobe wildlife tour.
- This is a full-day excursion lasting approximately 10-12 hours.
- Hotel pickups are between 7 am and 7:30 am
- Morning boat cruise game drive 9:30 am
- Lunch at 12:30
- Afternoon game drive 1:30 pm
- Back at border 4:30 pm
- Return to hotel approx. 6 pm
The quoted price for the Chobe day trip is per person.
- Bring your voucher.
- Your passport for crossing into Botswana.
- Visas into Botswana will apply to all countries outside the commonwealth. These can be bought at the border.
- Sunscreen, because you will be out in the open for most of the day.
- Camera/video camera.
- Sunhat to protect your head and face from the sun.
- Neutral-coloured clothing, such as beiges, greens, and khakis.
- Long-sleeved shirts to keep the sun off your arms and neck.
- A light jacket for an extra layer of warmth in case you need it during a morning cruise or morning game drive.
- Consider combat trousers, because their pockets can store your camera, sunscreen, and other belongings that you bring with you.
- Avoid wearing brightly-coloured clothing that may scare off the wildlife.
- Don’t wear dark colours, because they can attract tsetse flies.