Go sailing on the mighty Zambezi at sunset. Take part in this ritual with the animals that arrive for their last drink of the day.
Relax and recharge your batteries on the deck or in the lounge of a boat as you head along the Zambezi River towards one of the most beautiful sunsets on the African continent.
- See big game and other wildlife.
- Guides and crew members will share their expert knowledge of the river wildlife.
- Drinks are free (local beers and spirits).
- Complimentary snacks are provided.
This is a fantastic time to be on the river to observe wildlife in their natural habitats. Gaze over at the riverbanks as elephants and other animals bathe and quench their thirst after another hot day in the sun. Experience nature’s beauty and splendour with a refreshing drink in your hand on this breathtaking Zambezi sunset cruise.
- There is a variety of river boats available of different shapes and sizes. We will easily find one to cater for your requirements and party size.
- Sunset cruises are suitable for all ages. There are no restrictions.
- Boat tours are launched a few kilometres upstream of the falls. There is never any danger of you going over the edge of the powerful cascade.
- All vessels carry life jackets, rings, and first aid kits.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations made on the same day as the river cruise or the previous day.
Sample the good life as you clink glasses and nibble on delicious snacks while your boat glides lazily along the river as the warm African sun sets. For animal lovers, sunset offers a plethora of wildlife-spotting opportunities. As you make your way upstream away from the falls you see plenty of birdlife and lots of other animals, including hippos, elephants, and crocodiles.
Your Zambezi Sunset Cruise includes pickup and drop off from your accommodation, so you don’t have to worry about making your own way to the boat launch. For this experience, there are several boats to choose from, such as small private boats for a handful of people to larger vessels that can cater for more than 100 passengers.
This cruise on the Zambezi River provides you with a trip full of memories that will last a lifetime. So just sit back, relax, and take in the sights and sounds of nature. It is the perfect way to round off your day.
- Transfers to and from your accommodation are included in the price.
- Cold beers, spirits, and light snacks. (Local only)
- No limit on what you can drink. So, if you want a refill, just ask.
- Expert insights into the river wildlife.
- Note that extra will be included depending on what package you purchase. Call us to find out more.
- National Park fees are NOT included. Please bring US$10.
- Each sunset cruise lasts for around two hours.
- During the summer, cruises typically start around 16:00, while in the winter the start time is approximately 30 minutes later.
- The price quoted is per passenger.
- Prices may be subject to change, so please check with your provider.
- Cameras and videos are a must to record memorable river scenes. You’ll kick yourself if you leave yours in your hotel room.
- A jacket, because the temperature can be a little chilly once the sun has bowed out for the day.
- National Park fees of US$10.
- Your voucher