Go sailing on the mighty Zambezi at sunset. Take part in this ritual with the animals that arrive for their last drink of the day.
On our Victoria Falls Day Trip, explore the mesmerizing sights, sounds, and history of this natural world wonder.
- Guided tour of Victoria Falls
- Lunch at The Lookout Café
- A visit to the local craft market
- Transfers to and from Livingstone, Zambia
Sit down for a tasty lunch at a café overlooking the Batoka Gorge. Enjoy the buzz of the local curio market and pick up a few souvenirs to take back home as mementos.
Zimbabwe Day Trip Details
Your Victoria Falls day trip begins with a morning pickup at 9 am from your place of accommodation in Livingstone, Zambia for a guided tour of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. The transfer takes approximately 45 minutes.
Once you reach Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, you witness one of the greatest shows on earth – the raging waters of the Zambezi River crashing into the Batoka Gorge. The experience takes you through parts of the Victoria Falls rain forest to the cliffs opposite the massive cascade. From there, you get a fantastic view of the main falls, as your guide reveals interesting facts about the wildlife, geology, and history of this famous African landmark. Get ready to witness the remarkable power of nature and a spectacle that you will remember for a lifetime. Please remember to bring cash to pay the park entrance fee.
At around 13:00, your local guide takes you to The Lookout Café, where lunch is provided with a spectacular view. This eatery is perched 120 meters above the turbulent rapids of the Zambezi River, offering what many consider to be the best view in Victoria Falls. At the restaurant, you’re able to select your lunch from a tasty à la carte menu as you relax and take in the amazing views. Alcoholic drinks as well as non-alcoholic drinks can be purchased from the well-stocked cash bar.
After lunch, we make your way to the local craft market. Here, you’re able to view and purchase gifts and souvenirs, such as skillfully carved wooden articles in the form of ornaments, dishes and bowls, as well as many other attractive and useful objects. See the colourful, dyed, and painted tablecloths, aprons, cushion covers, and wall-hangings. Enjoy life-sized metal sculpted wild animals. There are also smaller painted metal lifelike birds and animals, which are often used as features in gardens.
Finally, at about 15:00, you’re transferred back to Livingstone in Zambia after your Victoria Falls day trip.
- Transfers from Livingstone (Zambia) to Victoria Falls and back
- Lunch over Batoka Gorge
- A professional local tour guide
- Bottle of water
- Visa fees for Zimbabwe/Zambia
- Entry fees for Victoria Falls – $30 for international tourists & $20 for SADC
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A small amount of walking is involved, around 2 kilometers
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Victoria Falls tour – 3 hours
- Lunch – 1 hour
- Craft market – 30 minutes to 1 hour