Go sailing on the mighty Zambezi at sunset. Take part in this ritual with the animals that arrive for their last drink of the day.
Small-Group Royal Livingstone Express Steam Train with Dinner
Enjoy a trip back in time on this five and a half-hour steam train dinner tour to the Victoria Falls Bridge.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Passage on a steam train
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Drinks (local beer, wine, minerals, and cordials)
- 4-course dinner
- Afternoon tea
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 3-11)
Experience all the luxury and grandeur of a bygone era, as you enjoy 5-star service, while savoring a silver service dinner, marveling in the surrounding beauty of Victoria Falls at sunset. This is the ultimate Victoria Falls gourmet dining experience. This is a shared small-group tour of up to 40 people with hotel pickup and drop-off in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach.
Victoria Falls Train Tour Details
You’re picked up from your hotel and transported to Bushtracks siding.
After photo opportunities with the beautiful Locomotive 156 or 204 there is a short safety briefing, followed by a refreshing drink, then a walk along the red carpet to the train and board your air-conditioned carriage. Once on board, the luxurious steam train will travel to the Victoria Falls Bridge where you’re served with light snacks and beverages along the way. At the bridge, which was built so passengers could feel the spray of the falls while on the train, you may embark for a wonderful photo opportunity of Victoria Falls while the sun sets.
After half an hour on the bridge, it’s time to return to Zambia and make the switch to the Mulobezi line which goes along the Zambezi River. This part of the journey gives you the opportunity to view local wildlife and the wonderful Zambian landscape, while being served drinks along the way.
When the dinner bell rings, it is time for the train manager to lead guests to the dining carriage where a four-course dinner, prepared by the staff at the Royal Livingstone Hotel, is served.
Guests return to Bushtracks siding about 8 pm and are transferred back to their hotels.
- Premium drinks are available but are not included in the ticket price. These can be paid for with cash.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not advisable for young children as the trip can be too long for them, and they may disrupt other passengers
- Very little walking is required on this tour and is suitable for all ages
- Dress code is smart casual
- Smoking is only permitted on the outside deck and not inside any of the carriages
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required